Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thrift Store Gold Mine

You guys! I've been working in the same town for going on three years now (not the same town that I live in) and I just discovered this freaking awesome thrift/vintage consignment store. Seriously it is amazing. You know how you can get sooooooooo excited about something that you just want to burst???? Well that was me. If  I were in a movie it would have been either of two scenes (1) I'm running around a store all crazy with my shopping cart (which they unfortunately don't have...boo) just swiping things off the shelves into the cart (nevermind the fact that many of my favorites would have broke) or (2) I'm standing in the middle of the it all and I just start spinning with arms outstretched and the biggest, happiest grin is plastered on my face while confetti falls. Anyways, it was exhilarating.

Isn't this Indian pot cool! It is broken a bit but I love the global look of it.

This chair had a mate and wouldn't it be fun to make these over?? I think they might have been $35 each.

They had lots of pretty dishes but I this yellow and green floral pattern was fun and casual and you can't really beat $5 for 7 plates.

I'm wanting to try my hand at tablescapes so I'm keeping an eye out for cute items for that. These milk glass vases would be perfect for something spring-y.

I loved the woven cane doors on this cute little table. 

Ducks, geese, or swans, whatever they are, I like 'em. I'd probably have to limit myself to just one though. 

I loved this colorful, little bird pillow that was under $10. I wondered how old it really was so I did a smell test! It was old. But I couldn't stop there, I had to unzip it a little. Dusty little stuff just started flying out. I have a feeling that old pillow insert might not be good for people with allergies. 

I just love this vase and it comes as no surprise to me that there's a bird on it. I love birds a lot and I'm always drawn to them. I kept noticing that a lot of the things that I was drawn to had red in them. I guess the red accents I pondered are meant to be!

I kind of surprised myself when I saw these matching brass lamps with smallish shades and started trying to figure out in my head where I'd put them in the house.

It isn't a great view but I just love this dainty headboard. If Ruby were in a twin bed, I would just have to get it for her. 

I was seriously dying over this real, oil painting that is a much more vivid and lively in real life. But alas, they only take cash or check and I had neither on me. (Which, lo and behold, I find out after I've already returned to work that I did have one single, solitary check in my wallet. Dang it!) I hope it is still there when I go back.

A while back (over a year ago), I got Ruby a wicker doll chair that now needs this chaise as a mate.

I'm definitely not big on weapons or violence or anything like that but I do love old stuff so it came as no surprise to me that these six or so vintage (from 1967) prints of men in military gear (Canadian too, I think) would be cool in Archer's room. They weren't priced bad either at $6 each.

Landscapes are soo pretty. I wonder where this is? And notice the red again!

I thought these gold rimmed dinner plates, combined with a bunch of other stuff, could make for a pretty table setting. 

 And last but not least, is this kilim runner that would just be soooo cool in Archer's room. I think it was eight feet long and only $35. I absolutely love it but definitely not sure if I want a used/dirty rug on my toddlers floor. Know what I mean?

There were other cool things that I didn't even get a picture of (like the perfect globe for only $10). I'm going to go back soon and I hope some of these things are still there!

Have you had any awesome store finds lately?

♥ Crystal 

18 comments:

  1. We checked out a thrift store last week and there were a lot of really cool & cheap finds (sadly nothing we were looking for). It made me want to get rid of all my furniture and start all over again, hahah. Not really, but almost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I hope you find what you're looking for soon!

      Delete
  2. Okay, it's so funny that you posted this. I had the.exact.same.experience at my local consignment store on Friday. (Yes, there's just one where I live. It's not exactly big-city around these parts.) I ended up getting a round gold tray for just $10 and a girly chair for my daughter (which I promptly recovered, much to her delight), but there were sooooo many other things. I'm going back tomorrow for some pieces of art and this adorbs pink vintage stool that I talked myself out of but haven't been able to get out of my mind since. Heh. We'll see if they're still there.
    And, no lie, I got a bunch of PJ Redoute floral prints from that vintage art ebay seller that I blogged about a while back, and thought of you. You don't want to make a trek across the country to come hang them with me, do you? I have about three ideas for them and can't seem to narrow it down.
    -Brittney
    http://smartgirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is the art and stool is still there!

      I do love my PJ Redoute floral prints but I did start wondering if I should move them around! Let me know if your in the these parts and you can give your opinion and help me rehang them! LOL

      Delete
  3. I need to find a great thrift store like that soon. Seriously, ours stink ;) This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you go to all those awesome auctions!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. BOO! I am so jealous...are thrift stores here, are not that cool! Girl you better run back to that store and get that flower oil painting!! Stop reading...RUN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally smiled when I read your comment this morning! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  5. Crystal, swan mate for LIFE. You have to get both. It just wouldn't be right otherwise. I vote steam the runner and I want to come thrifting with you. I really wish I had gone for it with Haven and then we could go together in Atlanta. Maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that would be a tragedy to separate those birds! Okay if they're still there in a couple weeks (when they go 50% off) I'll get them both. And if someone is stupid enough to take just one (like I almost was :), then I'll buy the other one and love/console it forever.

      I'm sort of second guessing Haven. Need to work on those sponsorship ideas. I wish you were coming too!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Gold mine is right! I love the swans you found. I hope you're able to get that painting! You should have hidden it somewhere before you left haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it!!! I totally should have hidden it! LOL

      Delete
  7. Wow! I would have tried to stuff both those chairs in my tiny car, lol ;) Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man Kelly I need a bigger car. Seriously there's no room, especially with two car seats in the back.

      Delete
    2. OMG. I am super excited you got those chairs...is that weird? lol. I can't wait to see what you do with them!!

      Delete
  8. I swear - our thift store sucks compared to yours. :-( Hey are you partaking in the Pintrest Challenge? Can't wait to see what you try if you do.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you've got something you want to say or ask or anything at all (obviously within reason), leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...