Monday, September 23, 2013

What we've been up to...

There hasn't been much blogging lately but there's been lots going on here! I had a few photos on my phone already but othewise I just ran around the house tonight taking some shots.

I hadn't gone to my fav thrift store in over a month but on my first trip back I couldn't leave without this awesome mid-century modern chair. It is in the living room and I do envision reupholstering it someday but not yet.

 I also got this handmade rug from Greece at the same time. I LOVE it and it fits perfectly in front of the washer dryer. The color is all off in this picture. The neutral color is more of creamy white and all the colors are really pretty and vivid.
 

And since we're in the backhall, I'll give you a quick preview of the finished pantry. I still need to finish filling in a couple of shelves and I'd like to get some more glass containers. We've also done a bunch of other little things back here, hopefully I get all those in a post for you soon!

We need to paint and replace all the hardware on the doors and so we're starting with the bathroom door that is in the back hall and the basement door. Of course our doors had commercial grade hinges so we have to buy the prime coated gray ones and paint them flat black. 

Which will go perfectly with these matte black knobs I ordered off of Home Depot for the whole house. They actually fit differently than our old ancient pitted brass ones so we have to drill the knob hole to be a bit bigger in all doors.

We've also spent some time cleaning up the garage and basement here and there and have three new sets of shelves just waiting for some more organization.
 
I've also been super inspired to work in our room (you know, because I'm some super awesome artist that can't do anything until inspiration strikes!). So I moved my bed to the other wall, threw up the mirror onto a poorly placed yet existing nail, painted my nightstands that I have had for nearly two years (including spraying the hardware with ORB) and got a whole new slew of pillows to play around with.  I'm thinking we have a real headboard in our future along with some new wall sconces to replace the lamps.

And you might have noticed the blanket it on the end. That is a chenille blanket that I got from the thrift store. I couldn't leave it behind - it was just too gorgeous. 

With Halloween coming up, I'm quite determined to pull off some Lizzie and Mr. Darcy costumes for Ruby and Archer, respectively of course. I've started doing a ton of research on sewing and finding patterns for Ruby's dress. It will be something like this.

Oh and did I show you the cupcakes I made for Archer's birthday a few weeks ago?!?! Yes, I might still be quite proud of those! And those two little Ariel cupcake - since we have more of those, Ruby's party is going to be all mermaid-ed out.
 
 Since we've picked a theme for Ruby's birthday, I've managed to get myself quite obsessed with planning it...which isn't until December!!!!! LOL We're going all out mermaid with lots of greens and coral and I just couldn't resist this green wood fish for decor along with the green glass fish bottles. I've also gotten a handful of pretty coral and clear glass bowls and cake stands for food - everything from either the thrift store or the Restore. I'm planning on having a TON OF FUN decorating for this party and going all out theme!

 But we are all about home improvement, thrifting and party planning! We're also building spaceships, doing tea parties and doing yard work plus there's swim classses and dance class for Ruby.

Archer's on his second cold/cough in the past few weeks but he still has fun...laying on pillows in the Target cart!

Of course that isn't all we've been doing but it gives you a good idea of what life is like here!

So what have you been up to?

♥Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you really have been busy. Love the chair so much and the colors in your bedroom are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, If you wake up one morning and your new chair just happens to be gone...Well? (cough, its at my house!) I have no idea where it could be. The chenille blanket is GORGE! Those cupcakes look SWEET! Ruby's party sounds like fun. Give me a mermaid theme and a seashell bra and I'm on board! Oh, did I hear something that sounds like Pride and Prejudice costumes (be still my beating ♥).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! loving your new chair; looks nice, comfy and so stylish! :-)
    your little one looks adorable in the Target cart! mine keeps wanting to jump out of it each time we put him in one! :-)
    glad to hear from you Crystal ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can hardly wait to test out the chair. Glad that you got the pantry painted. It will be great to have all the added space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice chair! Sounds like you have been busy. I had no idea how much work it was to plan a kiddie party, but whoa. I am just recovering from Kevin's party now!! Happy Birthday to your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't turn my back for a second without you two getting up to some serious work! ;-) I'm completely in heart with that gorgeous chair, so I think I may make a turn at your place some day and grab it! Lucky find. mwah Hx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you've got something you want to say or ask or anything at all (obviously within reason), leave me a note!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...